Great Decisions is a national program of the Foreign Policy Association. For 100 years the mission of FPA has been to serve as a catalyst for developing awareness, understanding, and informed opinion on U.S. foreign policy and global issues. Through its balanced, nonpartisan programs and publications, the FPA encourages citizens to participate in the foreign policy process. More information can be obtained on the FPA website: http://fpa.org/about/
The public is invited to the following eight Great Decision sessions, sponsored by the Middletown chapter of the American Association of University Women (AAUW). In addition to the background reading from the program booklet, a DVD with additional background on the topic is shown at each meeting. Anyone with personal background information on the various topics is particularly welcome to participate.
All sessions will be held from 1:00 - 2:30 pm at the Gardner Harvey Library, Miami University Middletown campus on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month:
- January 10 Refugees and Global Migration
- January 24 The Middle East Regional Disorder
- February 14 Nuclear Negotiations: Back to the Future?
- February 28 The Rise of Populism in Europe
- March 14 Decoding U.S.- China Trade
- March 28 Cyber Conflicts and Geopolitics
- April 11 The United States and Mexico: Partnership Tested
- April 25 State of the State Department and Diplomacy
For more information call Katie McNeil, AAUW public policy chair at 513-470-9031 or email@example.com (She has pre-ordered 10 booklets at a cost of $35 each). The Gardner-Harvey Library has also purchased a booklet that we have on reserve at our InfoDesk for anyone to borrow.