Librarians at the Gardner-Harvey Library invite you to collaborate with us in Canvas, as you transition to Miami’s new learning management system!
In Spring 2015, we were embedded in 30 course sections, reaching more than 700 students. We would be thrilled to expand this research service and partner with you this summer or fall.
Would you like to develop your students’ online scholarly research skills and deepen their understanding of metaliteracy concepts such as academic integrity or open access?
Your LMS embedded librarians link or embed library digital collections such as:
- Individual or subject collections of e-books (such as this one for nursing)
- Media such as streaming videos from Alexander Street Press in counseling or history, documentaries from Kanopy, ARTstor images, or Naxos music files
- Subject databases like Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
- Open access scholarly portals like Public Library of Science or the Digital Public Library of America
Other services we provide include:
- Creating customized screencasts & course guides
- Help citing sources
- Demonstrating library finding tools like the EBSCO Discovery Service, Online Catalog, and Discipline-specific databases
- In-class instruction
- Research consultations with student groups
- 3D printing projects
- Virtual reference assistance
- Research assignment review and redesign
Faculty who use the LMS Embedded Librarian service appreciate the personalized information literacy instruction their students receive.
Students have also expressed appreciation.
This is the first class that I have had an embedded librarian. I think it is great knowing that someone is there to answer any question we may have!
She presented us decent places to find credible articles. She also told us how to narrow down search results on the online library.
Please contact us this summer to begin a joint adventure in Canvas.
John Burke, Director, email@example.com
Jessie Long, Public Services Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Tumbleson, Assistant Director, email@example.com