Great Decisions is a national program of the Foreign Policy Association. For 99 years the mission of FPA has been to serve as a catalyst for developing awareness, understanding, and informed opinion on U.S. foreign policy and global issues. Through its balanced, nonpartisan programs and publications, the FPA encourages citizens to participate in the foreign policy process. More information can be obtained on the FPA website: http://fpa.org/about/
The public is invited to the following ten Great Decision sessions, sponsored by the Middletown chapter of the American Association of University Women (AAUW). In addition to the background reading from the program booklet, a DVD with additional background on the topic is shown at each meeting. Anyone with personal background information on the various topics is particularly welcome to participate.
All sessions will be held from 7:00-8:30 pm at either the Gardner Harvey Library, Miami University Middletown campus (second Thursday each month), or MidPointe Library Middletown (fourth Thursday each month).
- January 11 - The waning of Pax Americana (Gardner-Harvey Library)
- January 25 - Russia’s foreign policy (MidPointe Library Middletown)
- February 8 - China and America: the new geopolitical equation (Gardner-Harvey Library)
- February 22 - Media and foreign policy (MidPointe Library Middletown)
- March 8 - Turkey: a partner in crisis (Gardner-Harvey Library)
- March 22 - U.S. global engagement and the military (MidPointe Library Middletown)
- April 12 - South Africa’s fragile democracy (Gardner-Harvey Library)
- April 26 - Global health: progress and challenges (MidPointe Library Middletown)