Friday, September 24, 2010

Mini Saga Contest @ The Gardner Harvey Library




Creative Thinkers & Writers Take Note:

Pick up A Whole New Mind’s challenge and become a storyteller. Sharpen your writing, submit your entry, and possibly win big! For details read on.

What: Write a mini saga, told in exactly 50 words, no more, no less. This genre is a very short story with a beginning, middle, and end, often surprising or funny. Include the usual fiction elements of character, plot, and setting.


When: Submit your entry by October 11, 2010 at the Library Info Desk or by email to tumbleb@muohio.edu


Who:
Miami faculty, staff, and students may contribute any number of entries prior to the Mini Saga Deadline.


Prizes: Two Creative Types will win $25.00 gift certificates to the Miami University Bookstore. Judging will be conducted by MUM celebrity judges.

Need inspiration? See the Examples below:


“When I was shot, fear seized me at first. No surprise that. But once I realized I wasn’t going to die – despite the thermonuclear pain and widening puddle of weirdly warm blood – my mind recalibrated. And one thought, comforting yet disturbing, leapt into my head: I need to Tweet this.”
Dan Pink, author of A Whole New Mind

I set out with high hopes for my grand journey.

I planned to traverse the country and see all of the sites; to venture off the beaten path and explore the America that most people bypass on the Interstates.

Sadly my car broken down on the second day outside Chattanooga” by cresswga

“Aghast, I stared at the disaster in front of me. How could this happen? I planned so carefully. The party guests arrived in good cheer, The food emerged from ovens and fridges looking delectable and festive. I just forgot to put the snake away. Oh well, one less lap dog.” by dlarson

No comments: